As you may all know, authorization for maintenance of tables can be controlled by Authorization Group variable which can be edit while generating maintenance screen for the table. This assigned authorization group is checked by S_TABU_DIS. Unfortunately this type of authorization check only prevents/allows full table access. What if you want to prevent/allow line access for tables. This time you need some authorization breakdown according to a column in your table. After some research i have found that S_TABU_LIN can serve for this purpose.
Now let me show, how it works step by step.
- First find SPRO‘s related branch
- Configure customization starting with creating an Organization Criteria which will be checked by authorization object
- Define your criteria’s attribute, it could be maximum 8
- Give your table and field that will be checked against your S_TABU_LIN authorization
- Activate your organizational criteria
- From PFCG add S_TABU_LIN authority object to related role and assign required fields like organization criterion activity(02-Change) and parameter(Werks).
- If you try it with an unauthorized user ,you will get ‘You have no maintenance authorization for this table key’ error.